Effects of Environmental pollution, Heavy metals, Organophosphates
(b) Breakdown of blood brain barrier in ME
(c) Impaired Liver
(d) Okadaic acid-like toxin in systemic
lupus erythematosus patients: hypothesis for toxin-induced pathology,
immune dysregulation, and transactivation of herpesviruses
(a) Effects of Environmental pollution, Heavy metals, Organophosphates
Improved chronic fatigue symptoms after removal of mercury in patient with increased mercury concentration in hair toxic mineral assay: a case.Shin SR, Han AL. Korean J Fam Med. 2012 Sep;33(5):320-5. doi: 10.4082/kjfm.2012.33.5.320. Epub 2012 Sep 27
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Scleroderma, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis: the mercury connection. B. Windhma(Ed.) Dec. 2002
Results of dental amalgam removal and mercury detoxification using DMPS and neural therapy.Kidd RF. Altern Ther Health Med. 2000 Jul;6(4):49-55.
Long-term mercury excretion in urine after removal of amalgam fillings. Begerow-J; Zander-D; Freier-I; Dunemann-L. Int-Arch-Occup-Environ-Health. 1994; 66(3): 209-12
- Enteroviral and Toxin Mediated Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by John Richardson and Roberto Patarca Montero
- Chromosonal damage in subsets of ME/CFS patients
Dr. Heng of Wayne State University (USA) found serious chromosone breakage in 100% of ME/CFS patients using spectral karyotyping. 53% were identified as having chromosome translocations, often considered to be a recognized stepping stone of the cancer initiation process. Details provided on the NCF web site at http://www.ncf-net.org/PressReleases.htm#nfc
- Test for chromosone damage using spectral karyotyping equipment used by Dr. Heng
- Test for internal radionuclides and radioactive particles in patients. These would be sources of regular exposure to radiation, capable of causing chromosone damage.
Research articles concerning radiactive particles in the
environment and food chain and the development of Cancers, immune system, endocrine and neurological illnesses - http://www.ncf-net.org/radiation.htm
- Video Lectures by Dr. Malcom Hooper. Videos 1 - 10
- Scientific studies into the harmful effects of Roundup and GMO foods
- Human studies with the chelating agents, DMPS and DMSA. Aposhian-HV; Maiorino-RM; Rivera-M; Bruce-DC; Dart-RC; Hurlbut-KM; Levine-DJ; Zheng-W; Fernando-Q; Carter-D; et-al . J-Toxicol-Clin-Toxicol. 1992; 30(4): 505-28 .
- Redhe,O. Sick From Amalgam R-Dental Ab, Frejavagen 33, S-79133 Falun, Sweden(100 cases).Olle Redhe
- Urinary mercury after administration of 2,3-dimercaptopropane-1-sulfonic acid: correlation with dental amalgam score. Aposhian-HV; Bruce-DC; Alter-W; Dart-RC; Hurlbut-KM; Aposhian-MM . FASEB-J. 1992 Apr; 6(7): 2472-6 .
- Post-radiation syndrome as a NO/ONOO- cycle, chronic fatigue syndrome-like disease. Pall ML (2008)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome following a toxic exposure. Sci Total Environ 2001 Apr 10;270(1-3):27-31. Racciatti D, Vecchiet J, Ceccomancini A, Ricci F, Pizzigallo E.. Department of Infectious Diseases, G. D'Annunzio University, Chieti Scalo, Italy. email@example.com
- Okadaic acid-like toxin in systemic lupus erythematosus patients: hypothesis for toxin-induced pathology, immune dysregulation, and transactivation of herpesviruses; Mitchell TM; Med Hypotheses. 1996 Sep;47(3):217-25. Herpes virus infections are of interest to ME / CFS patients and research.
- V.D.M.Stejskal, Dept. Of Clinical Chemistry, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden LYMPHOCYTE IMMUNO-STIMULATION ASSAY -MELISA" & VDM Stejskal et al, "MELISA: tool for the study of metal allergy", Toxicology in Vitro, 8(5):991-1000, 1994.
- Psychometric evidence that mercury from silver dental fillings may be an etiological factor in depression, excessive anger, and anxiety. Siblerud-RL; Motl-J; Kienholz-E . Psychol-Rep. 1994 Feb; 74(1): 67-80
- Miller R
. Thimerosal, micromercurialism and chronic fatigue syndrome.
2005;64(5):1063-4. PMID: 15780514
- Lange G
Lluís Padierna M
Nogué Xarau S
Munné Mas P
. Chronic fatigue
syndrome and multiple chemical hypersensitivity after insecticide exposure.
2005 Apr 2;124(12):451-3. PMID: 15826581
- Dechene L
. Chronic fatigue syndrome: influence of histamine, hormones and
1993 Jan;40(1):55-60. PMID: 8455468
- H.Huggins,Burton Goldberg, & Editors of Alternative Medicine Digest,Chronic Fatigue Fibromyalgia & Environmental Illness, Future Medicine Publishing, Inc, 1998, p197-; & U.Dorffer, "Anorexia Hydragyra: ...", Monatsschr. Kinderheilkd., 1989, 137(8): 472.
- Ziff, M.F., "Documented Clinical Side Effects to Dental Amalgams", ADV. Dent. Res.,1992; 1(6):131-134; & S.Ziff,Dentistry without Mercury, 8th Edition, 1996, Bio-Probe, Inc., ISBN 0-941011-04-6; & Dental Mercury Detox, Bio-Probe, Inc. http://www.bioprobe.com. (cases:FDA Patient Adverse Reaction Reports-762, Dr.M.Hanson-Swedish patients-519, Dr. H. Lichtenberg-100 Danish patients,Dr. P.Larose- 80 Canadian patients, Dr. R.Siblerud, 86 Colorado patients,Dr. A.V.Zamm, 22 patients)
- Khan F
. Peripheral cholinergic function in
humans with chronic fatigue syndrome, Gulf War syndrome and with illness following
Clin Sci (Lond).
2004 Feb;106(2):183-9. PMID: 14503920
- Tahmaz N
. Chronic fatigue and organophosphate pesticides in
sheep farming: a retrospective study amongst people reporting to a UK
Ann Occup Hyg.
2003 Jun;47(4):261-7. PMID: 12765866
- Research listings for mercury
- Johanning E, Morey PR, Jarvis B (1993): Clinical-Epidemiological Investigation of Health Effects Caused by Stachybotrys atra Contamination. In Seppanen O, Steri J, Kainlauri E (eds): “Indoor Air 93″ Helsinki: FiSIAQ, 1:225.
M.Davis,editor, Defense Against Mystery Syndromes", Chek Printing Co., & March, 1994(case histories documented)
- M. Daunderer, Handbuch der Amalgamvergiftung, Ecomed Verlag, Landsberg 1998, ISBN 3-609-71750-5 (in German); & "Improvement of Nerve and Immunological Damages after Amalgam Removal", Amer. J. Of Probiotic Dentistry and Medicine, Jan 1991; & Toxicologische erfahrungen am menchen; Quecksilber in der umwelf-hearing zum amalgamproblem",Niedersachsiscles Umweltministerium, 1991; & "Amalgam", Ecomed-Verlag, Landsberg, 1995; & "Amalgamtest", Forum Prakt.Allgen.Arzt, 1990, 29(8): 213-4; & "Besserung von Nerven- und Immunschaden nach Amalgamsanierung",Dtsch.Aschr. F. Biologische Zahnmedzin, 1990, 6(4):152-7. ( amalgam removal & DMPS,over 3,000 cases)
- Improved chronic fatigue symptoms after removal of mercury in
patient with increased mercury concentration in hair toxic mineral assay: a case.
J Fam Med.
2012 Sep;33(5):320-5. PMID: 23115707
- Yaqob A
lymphocyte reactivity is downregulated after dental metal replacement.
2006 Feb-Apr;27(1-2):189-97. PMID: 16648791
- Adolph Coors Foundation, "Coors Amalgam Study: Effects of placement and Removal of Amalgam fillings", 1995. (www) & Internations DAMS Newsletter, p17, Vol VII, Issue 2, Spring 1997. (31 cases)
- B.A.Weber, "The Marburg Amalgam Study", Arzt und Umwelt, Apr, 1995; (266 cases) & (b)
B.A. Weber, "Amalgam and Allergy", Institute for Naturopathic Medicine, 1994; & (c)
B.A. Weber, "Conuctivitis sicca(dry eye study)",Institute for Naturopathic Medicine, 1994;
B.A.Weber, "Alternative treatment of Multiple Schlerosis, Tumor, or Cancer", Institute for Naturopathic Medicine 1997 (40 MS cases), http://home,t-online.de/home/Institut_f._Naturheilverfahren/patinf.htm"
- Sven Langworth et al,"Amalgamnews and Amalgamkadefonden, 1997 and Svenska Dogbladet,1997 (286 cases); & F.Berglund,Bjerner/Helm,Klock,Ripa,Lindforss,Mornstad,Ostlin), "Improved Health after Removal of dental amalgam fillings", Swedish Assoc. Of Dental Mercury Patients, 1998. (www.tf.nu) (over 1000 cases) (Sweden has banned amalgam fillings & Gov’t maintains health records on all citizens)
- S.Zinecker, "Amalgam: Quecksilberdamfe bis ins Gehirn", der Kassenarzt, 1992, 32(4):23; "Praxiproblem Amalgam", Der Allgermeinarzt, 1995,17(11):1215-1221. (1800 patients)
- Sterzl I, Prochazkova J, Stejaskal VDM et al, Mercury and nickel allergy: risk factors in fatigue and autoimmunity. Neuroendocrinology Letters 1999; 20:221-228.
- Contamination of Vaccines
- Pittman P. Aluminum-containing vaccine associated adverse events: role of route of administration and gender. Vaccine. 2002;20:S48–50.PubMed
- Reif D, Motsinger-Reif A, McKinney B, Rock M, Crowe J, Moore J. Integrated analysis of genetic and proteomic data identifies biomarkers associated with adverse events following smallpox vaccination. Genes Immun. 2008;10:112–9.PubMed CentralPubMed
- Autoimmune Inflammatory Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants (ASIA), alternatively known as Schoenfield’s Syndrome
- Vera-Lastra O, Medina G, Cruz-Dominguez M, Jara L, Shoenfeld Y. Autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants (Shoenfeld’s syndrome): clinical and immunological spectrum. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2013;9:361–73.PubMed
- Nancy A, Shoenfeld Y. Chronic fatigue syndrome with autoantibodies–the result of an augmented adjuvant effect of hepatitis-B vaccine and silicone implant. Autoimmun Rev. 2008;8:52–5.PubMed
- Kool M, Petrilli V, De Smedt T, Rolaz A, Hammad H, van Nimwegen M, et al. Cutting edge: alum adjuvant stimulates inflammatory dendritic cells through activation of the NALP3 inflammasome. J Immunol. 2008;181:3755–9.
- Perricone C, Agmon-Levin N, Shoenfeld Y. Novel pebbles in the mosaic of autoimmunity. BMC Med. 2013;11:101.PubMed CentralPubMed
- Marcusson JA
. Chronic fatigue syndrome and nickel allergy.
1999 May;40(5):269-72. PMID: 10344482
- Stejskal VDM, Danersund A, Lindvall A, Hudecek R, Nordman V, Yaqob A et al. Metal- specific memory lymphoctes: biomarkers of sensitivity in man. Neuroendocrinology Letters, 1999.
- Melchart D, Wuhr E, Weidenhammer W, Kremers L. A multicenter survey of amalgam fillings and subjective complaints in non-selected patients in the dental practice. Eur J Oral Sci 1998; 106:770-77 (6,744 patients in 34 clinics)
- U.F.Malt et al, "Physical and mental problems attributed to dental amalgam fillings", Psychosomatic medicine, 1997, 59:32-41. (99 cured)
by Dr. Sarah Myhill of the British Society for Allergy,
Environmental and Nutritional Medicine shows that most cases of CFS
are caused by environmental pollutants, especially organophosphate
poisoning and household chemicals eg. timber preservatives, damp
course treatment, cleaning chemicals, chemical air pollutants,
pesticides, and herbicides.
In one trial 65 cases of Carbon monoxide poisoning were compared
with virally induced CFS cases. The symptom patterns were the same -
tiredness, weakness, pain, irritable bowel, cramp and nausea. http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/
- V.D.M.Stejskal et al, "Mercury-specific Lymphocytes: an indication of mercury allergy in man", J. Of Clinical Immunology, 1996, Vol 16(1);31-40.
Abou-Donia (N Carolina,USA) had looked at stress and combined
exposure to low daily doses of pyridostigmine, DEET and permethrin
in rats. He found that there was blood brain barrier (BBB)
disruption and neurochemical and neuropathological alterations in
the brain. The experiment simulated the daily exposure to these
chemicals experienced by Gulf War veterans. Control groups were
used. Animals subjected to stress alone or chemical treatment alone
showed no changes in body weight, brain hexamethonium iodide uptake,
brain acetylcholinesterase (AChE) or plasma cholinesterase, but
exhibited a slight increase in BBB permeability. There was also a
decrease in m2-muscarinic Ach receptor ligand binding. In these
groups there was no or minimal neuronal cell death. However animals
subjected to both chemicals and stress exhibited dramatic increase
in BBB permeability, significant decrease in brain AChE activity,
decreased m2-muscarinic Ach receptor ligand binding and significant
neuronal death. Histological changes were also present in the liver,
and were particularly severe when the combination was used. This
work showed significant risk in using low doses of these combined
chemicals associated with stress. Leakage through the BBB makes the
organism vulnerable to entry by toxins, infection etc."
Research paper presented by Mohamed Abou-Donia (N Carolina,USA) to
The Sydney ME / CFS Clinical and Scientific Conference, December
- The Autoimmune Epidemic, Donna Jackson Nakazawa. Touchstone. 2009.
evidence of brain impairment by chemical exposure was presented by
Kaye Kilburn (S California, USA). He described 4 categories of
responses relating to brain function: physiological (eg balance,
reaction time, vision), psychological (eg problem solving, recall,
memory), emotions, feelings, mood states (eg depression, anxiety)
and symptoms (eg headache, sleep disturbance etc). 8 physiological
and 11 psychological tests were described to assess brain function,
and are usefully applied to those who have been chemically exposed.
Illustrative examples were discussed, and computerised measuring
tools were demonstrated."
Research paper presented by Kaye Kilburn (S California, USA) to The
Sydney ME / CFS Clinical and Scientific Conference, December 2001
(b) Breakdown of blood brain barrier in ME
BARRIER BREAKDOWN IN MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS
Behan W, Gow J.W, Curtis F. Department of Pathology and Neurology,
Wester Infirmary, Glasgow, G11 6NT, Scotland
Fatigue 2000: International Conference, 23-24 April 1999
Impaired Liver detoxification
Video Lectures by Dr. Cheney on Flow Reversal in Liver and Flow Reversal in Brain
Clin Nutr Rev 1988;8(4): pp.173-5
JS, Bralley JA, Rigden S. Management of chronic fatigue symptoms by
tailored nutritional intervention using a program designed to
support hepatic detoxification. Gig Harbor, WA: HealthComm Inc.,
RA. Chronic fatigue syndrome and chemical overload. Int Clin Nutr
JS. Oxidants and antioxidants in clinical medicine: past, present
and future potential. J Nutr Environ Med 1995;5:255-80.
- Rigden, S et al. Evaluation of the effect of a modified entero-hepatic resuscitation program in chronic fatigue syndrome patients. Functional Medicine Research Center (March 1997)
- Rigden, Scott. Entero-Hepatic Resuscitation Program. CFIDS Chronicle, Spring 1995, pp 46-48.
- Rigden, S et al.. Elevated levels of protein carbonyls in sera of chronic fatigue syndrome patients. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. June 2003
acid-like toxin in systemic lupus erythematosus patients: hypothesis for
toxin-induced pathology, immune dysregulation, and transactivation of
herpesviruses Medical Hypotheses (1996) (PDF file