|Cognitive Dysfunction Tests
Scientific and Medical Evidence - Listing of Research conducted worldwide section :
Cognitive Dysfunctions & 'Brain Fog'
Serious Brain and nervous system abnormalities .
Scientific Findings in Primer for International Consensus Criteria (2012)
Computerized assessment in neuropsychiatry using CANTAB: discussion paper. Sahakian BJ, Owen AM. J R Soc Med. 1992 Jul; 85(7):399-40
Fray PJ, Robbins TW, Sahakian BJ. Neuropsychiatric applications of CANTAB. Int J Geriat Psychiat. 1996;11:329–336. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-1166(199604)11:4<329::AID-GPS453>3.3.CO;2-Y. [Cross Ref] [Reference List]
CFI information - http://www.umdnj.edu/cfsweb/CFS/cfshome.html
- Dr. Byron Hyde one of the top ME doctors in the world recommends several cognitive tests for ME
- Cambridge Neuropsychological Test Automated Battery (CANTAB) is currently the most practical single tool to assess cognition in ME research studies
- Rozelle Test Battery (RTB)
- Strauss E, Sherman EMS, Spreen O. A compendium of neuropsychological tests. 3rd ed.New York: Oxford University Press (2006).
- Lezak MD, Howieson DB, Loring DW. Neuropsychological assessment. 4th ed. New York: Oxford University Press (2004).
- Wechsler D. Wechsler adult intelligence scale-revised. San Antonio, Texas: The Psychological Corporation (1981).
- BOLD fMRI scans. Objective evidence of cognitive complaints in Chronic FatigueSyndrome: A BOLD fMRI study of verbal working memory
Tanaka M et al, “Reduced Responsiveness is an Essential Feature of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: a fMRI Study,” BMC Neurol Feb 22; 6 (2006): 9.
Yoshiuchi K, “Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have Reduced Absolute Cortical Blood Flow.” Clin Physiol Funct Imaging Mar 26(2) (2006): 83-6.
Lange G et al, "Objective Evidence of Cognitive Complaints in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: a BOLD fMRI Study of Verbal Working Memory," Neuroimage Jun 26(2) (2005):5 13-24.
De Lange FP et al, "Gray Matter Volume Reduction in the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome," Neuroimage Jul 1; 26(3)(2005): 777-81.
- The following tests may explain cognitive deficits